Potato wedges are a great alternative to chips. These wedges seasoned with garlic oregano and parmesan are crispy on the outside and nice and fluffy on the inside. They take minutes to prepare and are so full of flavour. They make the perfect midweek side dish.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission on any purchases made via these links at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclaimer here.
Never miss a RECIPE!
Subscribe below to receive e-mail updates:
Seasoned Potato Wedges Recipe
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 30-40 minutes
- 550 g peeled potatoes (about 4 medium potatoes)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 80 ml of light olive oil
- 20 g parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 200°C for a fan oven).
- Chop the potato into wedges and place in a bowl.
- Add the paprika, garlic powder, oregano, and parmesan and toss together to coat the wedges.
- Sprinkle over the oil and toss the wedges again.
- Line a large baking sheet with grease proof paper and spread the wedges evenly on top. For the family sized portion this recipe produces I would recommend the Masterclass Large Professional Premium Non-Stick Baking Tray – Masterclass make really good quality heavy bake ware that doesn’t warp. You can find out more about this baking tray here – just make sure that your oven is wide enough to accommodate it.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the wedges are brown and the centres are soft.
- I use Maris Piper potatoes for this dish.
- I normally get 8 wedges from each potato.
- For more rustic potato wedges you can leave the skin on. Just be sure to give the potatoes a good scrub before cutting them.