This is an easy salmon recipe that can be cooked entirely in an air fryer, which makes for an easy clean up after dinner. In this dish seasoned salmon fillets are first air fried until they are crispy. The honey mustard sauce can then be made in the air fryer pan and is served over the salmon. There is sweetness from the honey and the slight pepperiness of the mustard goes really well with the salmon flavours.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission on any purchases made via these links at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclaimer here.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Subscribe to receive email updates:
Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
for the salmon:
- 520 g salmon fillets (around 4 fillets)
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1tbsp avocado oil
for the honey mustard sauce:
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2.5 tbsp honey
- 1.5 tbsp smooth Dijon mustard
- juice of half a lemon
- Preheat your air fryer at 200 °C for 3 minutes. I would completely recommend the Ninja 3.8 Litre Air Fryer, I use mine pretty every day – from making dinners to reheating leftovers for lunch.
- Season the salmon fillets with a sprinkling of salt and pepper along with the garlic powder, and coat in the oil.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, carefully add the crisper plate to the air fryer pan and arrange the salmon fillets on top. Try to spread the fillets out as much as possible. Air fry for 10 minutes until the fillets are brown on top.
- Remove the fillets, place them in an oven proof serving dish, cover with foil and put in the oven on a low heat to keep warm.
- Use tongs to carefully remove the crisper plate from the air fryer pan. Rinse pan out and dry with kitchen roll.
- Add oil to the air fryer pan and heat for 1 minute on 200 °C.
- Stir in the onion and garlic and air fry for 1-2 minutes. The onion should have softened, but you don’t want to burn the garlic.
- Add the honey, mustard and lemon juice and stir well. Air fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce on top of the salmon fillets. OR if you prefer your salmon to be slightly charred you can add the fillets to the sauce in the air fryer pan flesh side down. Then turn them over to make sure they are coated in the sauce, then air fry for a further 1 minute.
- Serve with wild rice or mashed potatoes, and a salad.