I know I’m a bit late to the banana bread party (everyone seemed to be baking banana bread during quarantine/lockdown!), but I found myself making banana bread today and wanted to share my favourite go-to recipe. This banana bread is so quick and easy to make – it can be prepared in less than 10 minutes! The result is a moist banana bread that is not overly sweet. It’s ideal as a snack, but because it is less sweet than some versions it’s also really good for breakfast spread with Nutella.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission on any purchases made via these links at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclaimer here.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Subscribe to receive email updates:
Banana Bread Recipe
Makes: 1 loaf
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking: 45-50 minutes
- 115 g unsalted butter melted, plus extra for greasing the loaf tin
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs beaten at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp almond essence
- 150 g caster sugar
- 240 g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C fan (190 °C conventional). Grease a 2lb (23 cm x 13 cm) loaf tin with unsalted butter.
- Pour the butter into a large bowl and mix in the bananas eggs, vanilla essence and almond essence.
- In a separate bowl mix together the bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients one third at a time and mixing well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes until a wooden skewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean
- Leave to cool in the loaf tin for 5 minutes before removing from the tin and placing on a wire rack.
- This is delicious served warm.
- Great for breakfast spread with chocolate spread.