A roast dinner is not complete without stuffing! Whether you are looking to serve stuffing with your Sunday roast or you are looking for a quick stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving (my US friends) then you’re in the right place.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission on any purchases made via these links at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclaimer here.
This super easy stuffing can be prepared in minutes and produces a delicious light and airy herby stuffing. I could eat this with gravy alone, but it complements roast meats perfectly.
Never miss a RECIPE!
Subscribe below to receive e-mail updates:
Super Quick and Easy Stuffing Recipe
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 50 minutes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large red onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 0.25 tsp dried thyme
- 0.25 tsp ground sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 110g self raising flour
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil (I would recommend Odysea Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C fan (200 °C conventional oven).
- Place butter in a small baking dish. I use an small 20 cm x 15 cm enamel pie dish which you can purchase here. Place in the oven for a few minutes to melt the butter. Swivel the dish slightly to ensure the melted butter coats the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients together and mix with a spoon. It will look course and not very dough like at all, but don’t worry.
- Divide the mixture into 8 and use your hands to press each eighth of the mixture together and roll into balls. Arrange the balls in the pie dish. They should fit snugly into the dish. Cover with foil. OR Just pour the mixture straight into the pie dish and press it down into an even layer using the back of a spoon and then cover with foil. I do the first method (shaping into balls) for better presentation.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil, crank up the oven to 200 °C fan (220 °C conventional) and bake for an additional 10 minutes until the top is slightly brown.