Pistchoccio fudge is one of my family’s favourite sweet treats. It is homemade chocolate fudge flecked with pieces of toasted crushed pistachio. The chocolate fudge is rich and smooth and the toasted pistachios add a slight crunch. It’s so more-ish and it’s really easy to make.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Subscribe to receive email updates:
Pistchoccio Fudge Recipe
Makes: one tray of fudge (around 100 pieces of fudge)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 395 g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 300 g dark cooking chocolate
- 0.5 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 60 g pistachios
- Preheat oven to 180 °C fan (200 °F conventional).
- Line a 22 cm by 22 cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Place pistachios in a sandwich/food bag and bash with a rolling pin until the nuts are broken into small pieces. Spread on an oven tray and place into the oven for around 5 minutes until the nuts start to go brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Pour the condensed milk and chocolate into a saucepan. Place on a low heat and mix until the chocolate has melted and the mixture has thickened. It should be smooth and glossy.
- Remove from the heat and add the salt, vanilla essence and toasted nuts.
- Stir vigorously for 3-5 minutes as the mixture cools.
- Pour into the baking tin and spread with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Place in the fridge to set for an hour before cutting into squares (roughly 2 cm by 2 cm).