This is my slightly healthier version of fried chicken wings, ideal for when you fancy fried chicken but don’t want to go through the faff and mess that comes with frying (using and then having to find a way of discarding lots of oil, and oil splatters on your hob and splash back etc). These seasoned chicken wings are tender and juicy on the inside, but nice and crisp on the outside.
Never miss a RECIPE!
Subscribe below to receive e-mail updates:
Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Wings Recipe
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Baking Time: 50 mins
- 1 kg chicken wings cut at joints
- 40 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 °C fan (or 220 °C conventional).
- Use kitchen roll to pat the chicken wings dry and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour and all the dry seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne powder, paprika, mustard powder, salt and pepper).
- Add the chicken wings to the seasoning and mix well.
- Add the butter to a roasting tin and put into the oven until the butter has melted (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and use tongs to carefully add the wings to the hot butter. Turn each wing in the butter to ensure it is coated well.
- Ensure the wings are evenly spread on the baking tray and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 25 mins.
- Turn the wings and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- These wings are great as a starter and perfect as a finger food for parties.
- Serve with barbecue sauce, buffalo sauce or sweet chilli dip.